Two years ago, the AsyncAPI Initiative participated in Hacktoberfest to help folks start their journey in open source. Hacktoberfest was a very successful event. We got feedback that the level of commitment that we presented makes us perfect candidates for Google Summer of Code.
Last year, we participated in Google Summer of Code and again in Hacktoberfest. It went great! We onboarded many new, super enthusiastic contributors that stayed with us longer.
This year won't be different. We want to do it again and yet again, on a larger scale. Thus, active participation in initiatives focused on introducing new folks into open source became one of our main goals for 2022.
What we offer
AsyncAPI maintainers prepared some GitHub issues that are easy enough to be completed in one month. We offer full support in discussing possible solutions and on-time review in pull requests.
The AsyncAPI community is a safe place for your first open source contribution. Many folks are open to supporting your first steps in this great world.
In exchange, every person that completes these tasks will get an AsyncAPI t-shirt!
How to connect
We will also have Abir Pal present in the OpenForce Discord channel, in case you need help on your way to AsyncAPI.
List of issues you can work on [TODO]
- Workflow that updates every PR with clear info about conventional commits
- Readme links check
- CI on PR's should build the Docker image
- Automate Helm chart release version bump
- Create better Kubernetes liveness, readiness and startup Probes
- Add livenessProbe and readinessProbe to K8s Deployment
- Add asyncapi bundle command in AsyncAPI CLI
- Add asyncapi optimize command in AsyncAPI CLI
- Remove usage of Parser, validation and update docs from AsyncAPI bundler
- Add support for Markdown output in AsyncAPI Diff
- Add support for HTML output in AsyncAPI Diff
- Add implementation for /bundle path
- Add implementation for /diff path
- Serve openapi.yaml file as documentation page
- Enable validation of an example payload
- Show how to integrate Modelina in an AsyncAPI generator template
- Show how to integrate Modelina in a website
- Add support for WebSocket clients
- Switch for rendering whole channels by template parameter
- Create eslint plugin for organization repositories
- Define a better API that can be used by other applications
- Idea: Using EventGateway Websocket with Grafana
Photo by OpenForce