About the team
Postman is the world’s leading API collaboration platform used by more than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide. Postman was founded on a straightforward premise: to simplify each step of building an API so developers could create better APIs—faster.
Postman’s Open Technologies function was created to establish Postman as a leader in the API sector by investing in Open Specifications, Standards, Tooling, Data, and Policies as well as building strong relationships with thought leaders and organizations in the domain.
Through our collaboration with the AsyncAPI Initiative, we are looking for a Developer Advocate to work closely with the AsyncAPI team within our Open Technologies function to help shape and build the future of API tooling. Everything is open-source and, therefore, much of your work will be open-source too.
We believe that building a strong community and investing in their success is essential to our own success as a company. You will engage with open source communities on Github while collaborating within the AsyncAPI team to drive API better practices throughout the broader API ecosystem. In addition to advocacy, you will also have shared responsibilities for user education and community engagement.
- Engage with various kinds of AsyncAPI users (including developers, testers, architects, and more) to understand their perspectives, workflows, and use cases.
- Drive API better practices by creating blog and video content, developing code samples and open source tools, and/or speaking at events
- Collaborate closely with technical writers to ensure docs and learning materials align with community needs which includes assisting with AsyncAPI documentation, tutorials, and other education efforts within Open Technologies
- Assist with AsyncAPI communication channels, events, and other community engagement
- Dogfood AsyncAPI technology, and interpret user data and community feedback, to drive insights and assist product development
- Represent the company online and at events
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of open source development and communities. Nice to have proven experience within the field
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally and across diverse geographies and leveraging remote teaming technologies
- Demonstrated experience working with developer communities and APIs on GitHub, blog posts, and/or videos. This is a critical aspect of the role.
- Two years of programming experience, or a willingness and aptitude for learning technology
- Experience making data-driven decisions.
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?Apply for this job